IMVU is a 3D virtual world that gives its users a chance to experience a virtual life by creating avatars and customizing their look to reflect the user’s sense of style.
This virtual world enhances online social networking by enabling users to interact through messaging, form groups, buy items, and make friends through virtual reality.
IMVU can also be considered a dating site because it enables the users to dress up, meet and go on a virtual date. Before we get any deeper, lets first answer the question,
How can you view hidden outfits on IMVU?
The easiest way to view hidden outfits is by use of the ‘hidden outfit viewer’ feature. You have to be in a room with the person you want to view their outfit.
Click on the view product sign, and this opens an external link, which shows the viewable outfits.
Copy and paste this link in the ‘hidden outfit viewer’, then click on the ‘unhide’ button; this will show all the hidden items in the room.
Ways To Unhide Outfits
There are three main ways to unhide outfits on IMVU. The first method uses the ‘hidden outfit viewer’, enabling the user to copy and paste the URL and use the unhide button to view the hidden outfits. The other two methods are;
- Changing the address extension from imvu.com to imvu-e.com; enables the user to view the hidden outfits without necessarily navigating to the ‘hidden outfit viewer’ site.
- Using the search feature. This feature shows all outfits of a user which were previously unhidden. If there were unhidden outfit in a room when the person was present, this feature would show their outfit.
How To Hide Your Outfits
Most users like to keep their outfits hidden to prevent others from copying. The simplest way to hide your outfits is;
- Visit the IMVU outfit website
- Go to settings
- Click on privacy settings, then change to ‘for myself only’.
Alternatively, you can go to the promotion and feature settings, then on the ‘show products in scene’, click on the ‘do not allow other users to see the contents of my outfit’, then click on the ‘update settings’ to confirm.
How To Change Outfits on IMVU
For a change of style and elegance, users often change their outfits to fit in their environment. Here is the procedure;
- Go to the IMVU client’s main menu, then click on ‘dress up.’
- From the given accessories and attires, select the one you want for your avatar.
- Click on the ‘save outfit’ button.
Deleting Of Outfits
A user can decide to get rid of their outfits after a while. The simplest way to achieve this is; On the classic client’s menu, click ‘my room’.
Then click on the ‘outfits tool’, then go to ‘my outfits’ and place the cursor on the item you want to delete; click on the blue information button, which opens up an information box.
Click on the ‘delete outfit’ to confirm that you want to delete the outfit.
These are features found on the IMVU site which help the user manoeuvre and improve the appeal of their avatars. Listed below are the most utilized IMVU tools:
- Fake avatar card generator – this tool helps you generate a fake avatar card you can post on your profile.Match profile generator – from your avatar name, this tool generates a get matched profile.
- Bio generator – after assessing your CID or avatar name, the bio generator comes up with a suitable bio for you.
- Password generator – this feature helps you to come up with strong passwords for protecting your account.
- Fake message generator generates fake IMVU messages that you can post on your profile.
- Avatar name to CID converter – this feature helps you convert multiple avatar names to customer identification numbers.
- CID to avatar name converter – helps in converting multiple customer identification numbers to avatar names.
The magical ball game enables you to find answers to your deepest desires
- Soul match – this feature enables you to interact with other IMVU users within your local area, and you may make friends and even find love.
- Shapes and symbols gallery here, you’ll find emojis, shapes, and symbols you can attach to your avatar or when chatting.
- IMVU lite – a simpler version of IMVU which is fast and has few ads
- Outfit cloner – you can discover what someone’s primary outfit is.
Apart from the hidden outfit viewer, IMVU offers a wide range of products and services to its users.
As for products, some of them are still on a trial basis, but for services, most are up and running. Below are some of the mafia services provided by IMVU:
1. Avatar card viewer
Once you have identification, this service enables you to view avatar information such as last login, the registered date, additional rooms, true album count, etc.
2. Historical room viewer
This feature enables you to see the history of rooms visited by the user and all the outfits without actually being in those rooms.
3. Catalogue viewer
This feature shows the developer’s catalogue, including all products and the hidden items.
4. Active room scanner
This feature displays the user’s currently active rooms and helps you view who is in a chat with whom. This only works in public rooms. As for private rooms, the user must be the one who invited someone else to show.
5. Historical name viewer
This service enables one to view the user’s history of names or when the names were last seen or searched.
6. Symbol creator
This service helps you create a symbol which you can use on avatar cards and in a group or private chats.
7. Outfit versus
This is a direct comparison of outfits to help you choose the best. The user chooses the outfit that best suits them and is given a chance to rate the outfit.
8. Newest top catalogue
This feature displays the latest products in the catalogue and indicates their rank. This page allows the user to see the best of what is new without looking through the old products you have already seen.
This feature also enables developers to know how well their products are performing.
9. Name checker
Takes a massive input and separates each word, then checks for the availability of the word in IMVU. It displays the available words, but if there is none, then the name is eligible for registration.
10. Derivation tree
This feature shows the hierarchy of parents of product identification and shows the hidden and disabled products.
Other Virtual Worlds
These worlds are more like social interaction sites, except that you use 3D avatars to represent the users. Parallel worlds to IMVU include; lady popular, Habbo, our world, touch, and second life, just to mention a few.
IMVU enables a user to live in a virtual world, creating an online avatar that reflects the user. Users can have a complete life virtually by buying items, buying houses, playing games, having group chats etc. users can hide, change, unhide and delete outfits.
Several tools improve user experience and interaction with other users. As seen, IMVU also offers a range of services that provide users with a unique 3D experience.
IMVU promotes creativity and encourages social interactions with people across the world.