One of the most sought-after video game consoles is the famous PlayStation, launching some of the best games that have permanently revolutionized the gaming industry!
From the iconic pair of Joel and Ellie traveling across a zombie-infested America, in Last of Us to immersing yourself in a superhero’s world in Marvel’s Spider-Man, PlayStation 4 has provided gamers with so much scope for the imagination! If you’re a passionate gamer yourself, you’ll probably spend hours in front of a screen, captivated by the high-end visuals and amazing story-telling techniques that some of these games implement.
To experience such games to the max, it’s important to have a reliable and strong internet connection, to avoid lags and pauses within the game. Compromising on speed is just not possible!
Well, we’ve saved you the trouble of doing the research yourself by recommending Spectrum Internet.
Why You Should Consider Spectrum Internet
Spectrum guarantees a strong internet connection and a 24/7 customer support team that is available all year round for any kind of assistance. Its internet plans vary in price ranges, from the most affordable to the ultimate ones that are perfect for intense Wi-Fi users.
Spectrum’s plans are divided into 3 tiers:
|Spectrum Internet Standard||$49.99/month (for 12 months)||300 Mbps|
|Spectrum Internet Ultra||$69.99/month (for 12 months)||500 Mbps|
|Spectrum Internet Gig||$89.99/month (for 12 months)||1000 Mbps|
We’d personally recommend the ‘Spectrum Internet Gig’ plan as that’ll ensure zero hiccups during your gaming sessions, but if that feels a bit too out of budget, then the ‘Spectrum Internet Ultra’ plan would be perfect!
You know that you’re in good hands since Spectrum has over 99.9% network reliability, with plans that provide more value at reasonable costs – and 32 million Americans can verify that! Spectrum is available in 41 states, making it one of the largest, most-used internet service providers on the market, and it’s no wonder why!
You can do your own research on Spectrum’s internet plans as well, and find out which plan would suit you best – to see more details, click here or simply reach out to Spectrum’s 24/7 helpline to get expert advice!
How To Connect PS4 to Spectrum
Now that you’ve gotten some details on why Spectrum is one of the best options, here are instructions on how you can connect your PS4 to your Spectrum Wi-Fi!
- First you’ll need to open up the home screen of your PS4 and go to the top bar. Once you’re there, you’re going to look for the Settings icon.
- Once you click on Settings, scroll down and select the Network bar.
- After that, please select Set Up Internet Connection. Then, the system will ask you how you’d like your PS4 to be connected, upon which you should select the Use Wi-Fi option.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll then be asked how you want to set up your Wi-Fi connection. Please select the Easy option and that should take you to a page where you can select your desired network.
- And you’re about done! It should take just a second or two to connect to Spectrum Wi-Fi but once you’ve completed all these steps, your PS4 system should be paired up!
How To Maximize Your Spectrum Connection
With Spectrum Internet, you shouldn’t face any lags or glitches within your games, but if you still feel that the Wi-Fi is slow and that’s affecting your gaming experience, here are a few things you can try.
- You can try unplugging your router. It is essential that you wait at least 30 to 60 seconds before plugging it back in. In most cases, you’ll find that your PS4 will be working much faster after this technique since this was a hard reset. If, however, this still doesn’t work, you can try out the next method.
- Try moving your router to a different location, like atop a shelf or table but make sure that it’s in the same room as your gaming console since this ensures a stronger connection. It is very likely that you’ve placed your router in a crowded area due to which the signals are weaker throughout the house.
If you try these two methods, one of them is sure to work for you but even if it doesn’t, you can always reach out to Spectrum’s 24/7 customer service and ask for more help!
Online gaming allows people to temporarily escape the mundane every day, so we can understand how frustrating it can be when escaping reality is interrupted by glitches or lags. Dealing with a poor Wi-Fi connection is hardly anyone’s cup of tea which is why we’d urge you to check out Spectrum’s plans.
Spectrum makes it incredibly easy to enjoy high-quality internet within a reasonable budget and all sorts of people benefit from it, every day!