Most people nowadays prefer bleaching their hair. However, it would be best if you did not encourage that habit all the time. It is because bleach can harm your hair by drying it out.
When you are bleaching your hair, you might bleach it too much. Therefore, you may need to darken your bleached hair slightly. You should pick a color within the spectrum of browns and dark or medium blondes to gently darken your bleached hair. Moreover, always keep a two-level difference between your choice and your bleached hair color.
How To Slightly Darken Bleached Hair
Bleaching your hair can sometimes leave a brassy look. Stylists use a toner to color bleached hair and slightly darken it to level out brassy tones. If you’ve ever dyed your hair in the past, then applying toner to bleached hair will be simple for you. You will apply the toner is applied like a regular hair dye. Some of the examples you can use as your toner include coffee, cocoa, Walnuts, etc.
How You Can Darken A Bleached Hair
The following are some of the things you can use and how you can use them to darken your hair.
You can use coffee to darken hair quickly. This procedure is easy and should yield speedy results. Moreover, it should discolor your hair.
However, this darkens your hair a few shades. Therefore, if you want a radical change, you’ll need to repeat the technique. Coffee may deepen all hair colors, although it works best on light and medium browns.
- Make strong coffee of about three cups.
- You should ensure you bring it to room temperature. You can refrigerate the coffee to speed up the cooling process.
- Fill a bowl with coffee. Then dunk your hair into a dish for a few seconds.
- You might also pour the coffee over your head. Moreover, you may stand in the shower or sink. Rinse the coffee three times.
- Shower off the coffee.
Using Black Tea
Black Tea can also stain hair and darken it. It is an excellent technique to darken hair. However, this approach wears off rapidly. Therefore, you should ensure you keep doing tea soaks.
- Make a strong pot of black Tea and refrain from touching it until it cools to a safe temperature.
- You will then fill a bowl with Tea. The bowl should be big enough for your hair.
- Soak your hair for 15 minutes in Tea. It allows the Tea to penetrate your hair.
- Rinse your hair with water.
- Repeat daily for two weeks. Eventually, less frequent soaks would keep the hue. Depending on your hair’s quality, it may lighten faster.
Walnuts, especially black walnuts, function well as hair dyes. Even blondes will love this homemade coloring method. This method is a bit messier but quite successful. Using black walnuts can dramatically darken hair.
- You will start by crushing some walnuts shells. Using more shells makes your mixture darker and more concentrated. However, you might also use walnut powder as an alternative.
- Fill a pot of water with crushed shells or powder and boil them for 30 minutes on the stove.
- You will then cool the water. Refrigerate the pot to speed up the cooling process. It should be cool enough to touch without being burned.
- Pour the water into a container using a filter.
- Apply the colored water to the hair. You should ensure that you cover your hair with an applicator brush or a cotton ball.
- Let the colored water sit on your hair for an hour. However, if you want darker hair, you will let it sit longer.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water since hot water can fade your color.
Cocoa is another excellent natural product for darkening hair. Moreover, cocoa will bring out your hair’s natural darker tones. This approach is appropriate for light to medium brown hair hues. In addition, it will leave your hair smelling great.
- Add 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, one teaspoon of honey, and one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to 1/2 cup of cocoa powder. Mix the ingredients into a bowl until it forms a paste.
- Shampoo and rinse your hair, as usual, then apply the paste. Ensure that you apply it evenly to all your hair.
- Please leave it in for three minutes and rinse your hair without shampoo.
Using Mustard Seed Oil
Make sure you use cooking oil and not the essential oil to darken your hair with mustard seed oil. The reason is that the essential oil might irritate the skin. It is an excellent approach to gradually darken your hair since it works on all hair types.
Moreover, there will be no damage to your hair during the process. Since mustard seed oil has an unpleasant smell, ensure you do the procedure at night.
- Heat the oil in a microwave-safe bowl or a saucepan on the stove. Make it warm, not hot.
- Apply the oil to your hair with your hands, applicator, or brush. From the ends to the roots, apply the oil evenly through your hair.
- Massage your scalp after reaching the roots. The oil will hydrate your hair.
- Use a wide-toothed comb to apply the oil evenly.
- Wrap your hair in a shower cap for two hours.
- Since your hair will be oily, you may need to shampoo it twice.
- Do this process three times a week for optimal results.
Using Amla Powder
Amla powder, manufactured from Indian gooseberries, can darken your hair. It has a moderate darkening impact, so you will need to do this once a week to notice the benefits.
- You will place 2 tsp of Amla powder in a bowl and then add 1 tsp of coconut oil and 1 tsp of hot water. You will then mix them well until paste forms.
- Add 3 tsp of conditioner to the mixture.
- Wet your hair and section it. Apply the mixture to your hair and distribute it evenly through your ends and roots.
- Put on a shower cap and let the mixture sit in for 30 minutes.
- Afterward, wash your hair to get rid of the mixture. However, do not use hot water since it might erase some pigments.
The henna tree is the one responsible for producing henna dye. Henna powder is often reddish-brown. However, darker indigo colors are also available. These are for those seeking a darker brown or black tone.
During the first few days, your hair may stain your furniture or pillows. Therefore, you should ensure you exercise caution when using this method.
- Add hot water to the powder and mix until a paste gets formed.
- Place the mixture in a plastic bottle and let it cool down.
- After the mixture has cooled, separate your hair and apply it to the roots.
- After mixing, cover your hair with a plastic cap. Moreover, please keep it on your head for two hours.
- Afterward, rinse with warm water. A few days later, your hair will appear darker.
Tips To Fix A Hair That Is Too Lightly Colored
Have you dyed your hair and now it’s too light? Here are some of the tips for correcting this mistake.
Darken your hair
One of the things you can do is to darken your hair. However, avoid darkening your hair too much. You should ensure that you find the right balance. Let the color set for half the recommended time.
Moreover, ensure you check your hair every five minutes. Rinse your hair when it reaches the correct hue. You should ensure that you choose a hair color from the same brand. It is because the ingredients are likely to be the same.
Pick A Nutrient-Rich Color
You should ensure that you use a color that won’t irritate your hair fiber when darkening your hair. You can use a color cream rich enriched with oil like Nutrisse, which contains grape seed oil.
Avoid other Hair Dye Mistakes
It would help if you always remembered the rule of two. Don’t go two tones darker than your “actual” color. Moreover, consider products that perfectly cover grey hair.
Treat Your Hair
You should pamper your hair using shampoos and conditioners formulated for colored hair. Moreover, use the conditioner to prolong the color and hydrate your hair. Color Cream conditioner from Nutrisse gets infused with avocado, olive, and shea butter oils. Therefore, ensure you use it as a mask and extend the setting time.
Can One Put A Darker Blonde On Bleached Hair?
If you want to darken bleached hair, apply a blonde color two or three shades darker. It’s crucial to remember your existing base color after bleaching it to get the right blonde hue.
What Happens If You Apply A black Dye On Bleached Hair?
You’ll only harm your hair further. Depending on the type of black hair dye you use, it may fade slightly to the undertone of the hue. Moreover, it won’t turn back to your previous bleach blonde.
There is always a solution to every problem, even when it comes to mistakes with bleaching your hair. In some cases, you may find that you have bleached your hair too much. If it happens, you do not have to worry. You can use any of the above ingredients and follow their respective instructions to darken your bleached hair.