Modern mobile applications can cover almost any need. Daily, people use them to pay taxes, make an appointment with a doctor, find vacancies on request or a couple for the evening, order food, and book a hotel. Likewise, with the release of many companies to remote work, corporate mobile solutions have become especially relevant.
Today, we are going to talk about the general way of corporate development. Yes, development from scratch, as it is a better option than migrating desktop app to web. Let’s start!
What Is A Corporate Application?
A corporate app is a service that is used within one company to resolve work issues with colleagues, customers, and partners.
For instance, as ModLogix experts notice, any custom functions can be implemented in it:
- Personal cards;
- Tools for analyzing and creating reports;
- Document templates with autocompletion;
- Alibrary with corporate information for onboarding, etc.
How Corporate Applications Work
If you seek better interaction with users, form a loyal audience, or just bring some convenience to your employees to boost their morale and work, mobile services are the best way to do so. Here are what features you will bring to the table with such a solution:
- Notifications. Push notifications and reminders are the most basic features of any modern mobile app. Users can set reminders for important events or get notifications about messages from other users. All that is required is an Internet connection.
- Feedback. Include forms for user reviews to gather important feedback, and you be able to provide the necessary technical support or implement some improvements.
- Individual service. Using modern analytic tools, you can determine your target audience’s location, interests, and search queries to create a personalized experience for each user or group of users. Depending on the type of your app, it can be an individual list of products, a personalized diet and training plan, or even the perfect match in a dating app.
- Convenience. With mobile apps, people don’t need to be at their desks to use the company’s services, answer someone, or accomplish any task they need. If you use corporate apps, it means lower response time, as well as increased productivity and convenience for the staff.
The Structure Of Mobile Applications
There are two main blocks here: front-end and back-end parts. They act as a split system and interact with each other, passing information and ensuring the smooth operation of the product.
- The back-end part is not visible to users, but it is on it that the entire logic of the site rests, data is processed and reactions are sent. Back-end developers ensure the correct functioning of the interface, make each button take a person to the right page, make payments through banking systems and collect data.
- The front-end provides the look and feel of the interface that users interact with. This is the design of pages, buttons, push notifications, and other graphic elements, a map of the user’s journey and interaction with functions.
Why Businesses Need Corporate Applications
Usually, every company defines its aims and tasks before starting work.
By using a corporate app, you can automate the daily work processes and varied tasks, monitor their performance, and track stats online. You will also receive clear reports for each branch and employee.
Onboarding of new team members
The mobile service can download a knowledge library with basic business information, rules, instructions, colleagues’ contacts, and training courses. With its help, people quickly join work processes even remotely.
Effective workflow processes
You can do any routine faster just by sending a request online to the accounting and HR departments.
Managers have access to accounting records, transactions, and settlements for each direction and monthly financial reports.
Using messengers and working tools of third-party services, you risk becoming a victim of data leakage. In their application, developers can securely protect trade secrets and employees’ personal information.
Speed contact with clients
If you make an independent CRM application, it will solve various possible problems with partner communication. Such a tool will also help keep all the important information in one place. More than this, you can use CRM to check and analyze statistics and get client feedback on the quality of service.
Kinds Of Corporate Applications
Inside the program, you can communicate and exchange documents, store all data in one place, communicate via video, and organize group conferences. The interface can include a news feed, blog, local chats, or online meeting rooms.
Here you can collect and organize information about services, customers, and orders, and monitor the effectiveness of sales and marketing departments.
Here, employees can take specialized courses, improve their skills and pass tests for compliance with the position. This will make it easier for specialists to develop their careers, qualify for promotions and increase their salaries.
How To Implement A Corporate Application
Present an idea
The final decision to launch is made by the leader, but it is important to rely on the support of the rest of the team members.
Test the app on one of the departments
You shouldn’t launch it all at once. As soon as the shortcomings are corrected, you can implement the product in other departments.
Create a feedback form
You should have a convenient tool for collecting feedback (can be anonymous) and planned dates when bugs will be fixed. Messages from employees can be received and checked by the technical support department.
Follow the results of the analytics system
Regularly request information on the number of unique visitors and the time of use of the service, popular features, etc.
Summing It Up
If the business has been working for several years, then the team has built a certain tempo and way of cooperation with colleagues. So, even if you plan to implement a tiny corporate application, you need to inform people about this as soon as possible.
As well, the development costs depend on the number of employees and the load on the platform, technologies being implemented, integration with other IT services, security settings, and other factors. To create a new app or migrate a current desktop app to the web, better rely on ModLogix specialists.