Cloud CMS for online stores (Shopify, InSales, Khorosop, Tilda) is one of the most flexible and affordable tools for starting an online business. All technical points: hosting and site creation (including design) are taken care of by the development company, and you are responsible for registration, payment of the subscription fee, and a little effort to get started: choose a design template from the ready-made ones, fill in the seller’s data, upload the listings and get ready to a flurry of orders, of course, provided that the product is in demand, the price is adequate, and the competition is reasonable.
Most often, it will take a maximum of half a day to organize a sales point on the “engine” intended for this purpose, this is not counting the time for approving the application.
Where Did It Start?
Shopify is considered one of the most agile and thoughtful services – it is a global market leader with Canadian roots. The Shopify app development began in 2004, with a business idea to create a store for the sale of snowboards, in 2006 it grew into a global e-commerce platform project. And in 2022, the revenue reached 4.6 billion US dollars.
Today, there are over 1.7 million stores on the Shopify platform, including about 10,000 truly successful brands — Nestle, BBC shops, Collins, Decathlon, etc. The geography is impressive: all continents are represented here, but American hosting dominates, more than 70%.
Benefits Of Shopify For Commerce
Stylish, modern design templates – free, configured by default, with no unnecessary movements. For those who like to make their store stand out, in particular through a cool design, there are paid themes for every taste. Before paying for your chosen one, you can play around with different samples to get an idea of how it will look. Shopify support and maintenance services for your business can be found at the link: https://www.makebecool.com/services/magento-to-shopify
Really rich functionality for online trading:
- You can download products from the catalog (from Excel, Google spreadsheets, or import from other platforms), give them options, and combine them into categories. There is a mass editing option, it is very convenient.
- The product card is created quickly and easily, you can add a zoom to enlarge the photo, a video review, or even a three-dimensional model to present the product to the client from all sides.
- Profiles of buyers, with full names, contacts, history of purchases (applications), and preferences.
- Orders window here you can monitor the processing process using statuses.
- Marketing tools for promotion in social networks and search (SEO optimization), for organizing e-mail mailings (there are even templates for letters), and running a loyalty program: certificates, discounts, etc.
- Detailed statistics and analytics: by selected category (sales, goods), but only in tariffs starting at $79 per month.
How Do I Start Selling On Shopify?
Registration on the platform will give you the opportunity to use it for free for 2 weeks, the procedure for creating an account is very simple, you will be guided step by step: fill out the form (address, contact details), answer the questions of a short questionnaire (purpose of creating an account, etc.). Click “Create a store”, give it a unique name, and then deal with the 3 menu tabs. They allow:
- Add a product: you will need to enter a name, a detailed and attractive description, and a price, and upload a high-quality photo. In the fields on the right, indicate the type of product, supplier, tags (important for adequate search results), as well as barcode or article number (for convenient product accounting), and weight (for calculating the cost of delivery). If you have several products in the same category (promotional, Christmas-themed, yoga products) you can combine them into one collection. To increase your chances of a successful sale, follow these tips for creating a Product Map.
- Choose and configure the design style. There are free “themes”, you will have a chance to try different ones, and watch a video about how it will look, in particular, on a smartphone. Anything you like can be saved to your own template library, where you can go back and update the design.
- Specify the domain, and the address of your online store, which will be visible to buyers and search engines, it can be bought from Shopify or third-party services.
Next, you need to add a payment method, it can be Shopify payments (no transaction fees are charged), PayPal, and specify delivery options (the wider the choice, the more chances to convert the user into a buyer).
Shopify is the online store of choice for millions of sellers from around the world. Before you are a universal tool that turns your trade into a pleasant and efficient business, in which routinely gives way to development and plans for the future.